Wednesday 17 February 2016

banana cacao nib smoothie // pb + chia

banana cacao nib smoothie // pb + chia
Hands down this is one of my favorite smoothies- simple ingredients that taste like dessert. Over the years I have found myself craving ingredients that I once turned my nose up on or just generally disliked. I remember the very first time I made Vegan Mac n' Cheese (before we even became vegan) with nooch and ended up throwing the entire batch away // we thought it was the worst thing ever. Now I put nooch in or on just about everything. The first time I tried Cacao Nibs I legit spit them out and Chia seeds looked too weird when re hydrated for me to even try them.

Now, I love them all // I actually crave them. 
So morale of the story, don't ever give up on an ingredient, you never know when that moment might be when you fall in love with a long hated ingredient for the first time.


banana cacao nib smoothie // pb + chia
I love the texture that the cacao nibs give the smoothie and the peanut butter banana is a classic pairing. Chia seeds add a little extra body to the smoothie.

Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants and fiber and are a great source of high quality protein. Cacao Nibs are a great source of potassium and magnesium. 

banana cacao nib smoothie // pb + chia
banana cacao nib smoothie // pb + chia
This winter Justin has been lucky enough to have Saturday's off- this smoothie has been in Saturday morning Breakfast rotation and never gets old.

banana cacao nib smoothie // pb + chia
banana cacao nib smoothie // pb + chia

Here's to yummy smoothies, ingredients that we once couldn't stand and a successful year in finishing up home renovations!

banana cacao nib smoothie // pb + chia
banana cacao nib smoothie // pb + chia
2 servings

you will need:
2 ripe banana's
1/4 cup cacao nibs
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 1/2 cups Ice

assembly:
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute or less.

Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy!

banana cacao nib smoothie // pb + chia
http://sundaymorningbananapancakes.yummly.com/2016/02/banana-cacao-nib-smoothie-pb-chia.html

Via http://sundaymorningbananapancakes.yummly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment